question-icon

What causes a pinched nerve in the right shoulder blade?

Posted on Wed, 11 Oct 2017
Question: Hi,
I have a minor pinched nerve under my right should blade. I feel it when I take a deep breath or during certain movements. My daughter says that she can feel a tiny knot it the area when she rubs it. As a former breast cancer patient (2010) I sometimes worry about certain symptoms linked with recurrence. Somewhere I read that if BC returns to the liver that it can press on a nerve about where my pinched nerve seems to be. Is there an easy way to rule this out?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha (2 hours later)
Brief Answer:
Easy ways to rule out available

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Although it is possibly just a pinched nerve, I would insist you to visit a doctor and to get it evaluated since you have a history of breast cancer.

I do not think that recurrence of breast cancer has impinged upon a nerve. When your doctor evaluates you he would also evaluate your liver. An ultrasonogram might be needed but indeed there are easy ways to rule this out.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha