What causes a pimple on left-sided top of the head and headache?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi

Neurologist

Posted on Sat, 4 Jun 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: I have a pimple try bino on the left side on the top of my head that really hurts deep down that goes to my left eye. And causes a major neck and head ache. This is been going on now for about 4 weeks. Is this somethis to be concerned about?
Answered by Dr. Dariush Saghafi 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Have you got a photo that you can upload?

Detailed Answer:
Thank you very much for posing your question on this network. If you are referring to this entity as a pimple then, I am imagining something rather small and focused on the top of your head. I don't believe something of that size or type could possibly have direct connections in any way to a pain you are feeling deep within your neck and eye.

However, I do believe that you could be suffering from a type of headache such as a migraine or other type of headache disorder that involves half of the head, is focused around the eye or feeling as if it were BEHIND the eye causing a lot of pain. The pimple is merely something coincidental.

I don't know what your age is since it is not listed in your identifying information or how you've been trying to treat this headache Are there other symptoms with this headache such as nausea, vomiting, extreme sensitivity to light, sound, smells, or are there flashing lights, or zigzag lines which possibly precede the headache? Is there a throbbing quality or pulsing feeling you have that includes the left eyeball region and that side of the head?

I would recommend that you seek out a good neurologist or better yet, headache specialist who will take a good history and do an examination to determine whether or not it would be prudent to get an imaging study of the head or whether or not this is something that can be treated very conservatively with either some medications or other intervention.

The pimple should have nothing to do with the head or eye ache whatever. Can you upload a photograph of the pimple on top of your head?

I hope this addresses your concerns and that you'll keep me in mind for future questions regarding these or other neurological/medical issues. If so, I'd appreciate your rating this interaction with a HIGH STAR SCORE and look forward to a few words of feedback. In addition, I'd appreciate your CLOSING THIS QUERY if you're satisfied with my response.

Write to me any time at: www.bit.ly/drdariushsaghafi for additional comments, concerns, or to provide status updates if you'd like which I would love to receive from you to see just what has been discovered.

This consult required 13 minutes total time of research, response preparation, and envoy.

Many thanks for using this service to ask your questions. Be well.