What causes a pimple like spot on the labia?

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: i have a small pimple sort of thing in my vagina within the inner folds of the labia. it does not pain or irritate but i had taken antibiotics sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim ds for 10 days. the bump has rediced but not completely gone. and then now i notice a small head tip like thing which if pressed secretes a whitish fluid which is odourless. i have no irritation or abnorml discahrge. is it any infection or a blocked pore? its been there for around 15 days
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 41 minutes later
Brief Answer:
May be infection.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Most likely infection is there as you have taken antibiotics so no smell is present in discharge .It will be all right in 5-7 days.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 hours later
Thank you for the reply. I want to know if any other medications are necessary and if I should apply any ointment. I am using sodium fusidate and povidine iodine. And if it is a staph infection? Do I have uti? I want to know what caused the infection. I am a virgin
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can use the ointment.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
You can apply sodium fusidate ointment and press it to remove the discharge. It can be a bacterial infection. It is not associated with UTI. Such infections can happen due to shaving or crushing of the glands with tight undergarments or vigorous rubbing.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D