What causes a pimple in between the toes?

Dr. Nishad BN

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: pimple on small toe and in the gap between small and fourth toe. some clear pus like liquid came out today from the gap. did not hurt my toe anywhere. not shoe bite.cause?

Answered by Dr. Nishad BN 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be skin infection after irritation on that area.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thank you for asking HCM

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

If you send a picture then it will be more helpful. You can simply upload it at the reports section.

It can be due to bacterial infection due to irritation on that area. Squeeze out the puss fully. Wash the area with antiseptics like Savlon or Chlorhexidine. After that you can apply Betadine (povidone iodine) ointment.

If there is more extension of swelling then it can be abscess and in that case, and I'd advice not to squeeze as there'll be a need for oral antibiotic therapy as well as incision & drainage .

In such case there's a need to consult your General practitioner/surgeon.

Let me know if any thing is not clear.
I am happy to help you.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee