What causes a pea sized lump on the scrotum?

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Thu, 2 Mar 2017 in Men's Health
Question: I have a pea sized lump on the top r/h side of scrotum. It is not attached to a testicle and does not move around. It is a bit tender at moment - could be the undies
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 28 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Could be Epididymal Cyst

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

A pea sized slightly tender lump on the top of the Rt Testicle could be either a Epididymal Cyst or Epididymitis and can be confirmed only on clinical examination and by doing a test called Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum.

Consult qualified by a qualified Urologist or General surgeon for clinical assessment and get the Ultrasound Scanning of Scrotum done .

In the mean while start taking antibiotic like Doxicycline and anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac twice daily .

Ensure to drink more water .

Further treatment will be decided by him based on results of the Scanning and final diagnosis .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy