What causes a pea sized lump on the ankle?
As explained. Please post photos,
Thanks for your query.
To recapitulate: Female/38 - a pea sized hard spot on the inside of ankle- about a finger tip measurement away from ankle bone - after being on feet over 12 hours it becomes bothersome - Any idea what it might be?
The commonest possible causes as per the area and the spot are:
- Sebaceous cyst.
- dilated vein with organized clot or so as it is getting bothersome after 12 hours of standing.
- Rarely a ganglion
- old organized hematoma or so.
Actually this is the area where occurrence of any lumps is very rare.
Hence I would advise you to go for a tests of ultrasonography with color doppler mode along with clinical evaluation by a General Surgeon to get the exact diagnosis to get a proper management.
I hope this answers your query.
Please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Please post the clear photos if possible as it helps in some cases to have on-the-spot diagnosis.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pea sized lump on penis
- Causes of soft lump above ankle
- What causes lump above ankle
- What causes numbness in ankle
- What causes crusty ankles
- Cause for the lump just above the ankle
- What would cause a pea sized lump in stomach
- Causes of lump on front of ankle
- What causes pain in ankles
- What causes bruised ankles
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in foot from hip to toe
- Suggest treatment for gall bladder stones
- What causes pain and bleeding post rectocele repair surgery?
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- What causes chest pain and abdominal pain?
- What does this ultrasonongraphy report indicate?
- What causes whitish color of outside of urethra?
- What causes skin growth on buttocks oozing pus?
- What does this EKG report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for darkened glans penis