Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

What causes a pea sized lump in the armpit region?

Apr 2017
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 9502 Questions
Hi, I found a small hard lump the size of a small pea in my underarm. Should I be concerned?
Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Lump
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Differential diagnosis needs further details .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* There are different possible conditions which can give such lump as
- sebaceous cyst - lymph node - lipoma - others .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Lump - duration , progress since appearance , movement in relation with
underlying structures .
2. Associated pain , fever or other systemic issues .
3. Any change in temperature of overlying skin .
4. If visible on surface , a photo pic as an attachment ( if no objection ) in next
follow up is appreciable .

Awaiting for your response .
Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: What causes a pea sized lump in the armpit region? 36 minutes later
I noticed it two weeks ago. No pain. Just a small hard lump the size of a small pea.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up details .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details .

* Seems tiny sebaceous cyst or lymph node most likely .

* Nothing to get scared at present ,
Just observe its progress with time .

* If - size increase - pain appear - overlying skin becomes red , warm
- any type of discharge - fever or other systemic symptoms appear
then consult your doctor immediately .
otherwise get it checked in your next planned check up with your doctor .

Hope this clears your query .

Wishing you fine health ahead .
Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor