What causes a pea sized lump in the armpit region?

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 14 Apr 2018 in Lump
Question: Hi, I found a small hard lump the size of a small pea in my underarm. Should I be concerned?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Differential diagnosis needs further details .

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear

Warm welcome to Healthcaremagic.com
I have evaluated your query thoroughly .

* There are different possible conditions which can give such lump as
- sebaceous cyst - lymph node - lipoma - others .

Kindly provide further details so that I can answer your query completely .

1. Lump - duration , progress since appearance , movement in relation with
underlying structures .
2. Associated pain , fever or other systemic issues .
3. Any change in temperature of overlying skin .
4. If visible on surface , a photo pic as an attachment ( if no objection ) in next
follow up is appreciable .

Awaiting for your response .
Regards .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 36 minutes later
I noticed it two weeks ago. No pain. Just a small hard lump the size of a small pea.
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel 2 minutes later
Brief Answer:
follow up details .

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the details .

* Seems tiny sebaceous cyst or lymph node most likely .

* Nothing to get scared at present ,
Just observe its progress with time .

* If - size increase - pain appear - overlying skin becomes red , warm
- any type of discharge - fever or other systemic symptoms appear
then consult your doctor immediately .
otherwise get it checked in your next planned check up with your doctor .

Hope this clears your query .

Wishing you fine health ahead .
Regards .