• question-icon

What causes a painless white patch on the penis head and foreskin discoloration?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi, i have recently notice painless white patch on my pennis head & discoloration on my foreskin. Is it alarming ?. i also have painless mole on my pennis from last 3-4 years. Please suggest.

I am waiting for a answer . although i have consulted online with Dr.S XXXXXXX on 23rd january. still want to take 2nd opinion.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Vitiligo

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HCM..

I can understand your anxiety related with depigmented patch on glans penis and prepuce. I have seen photo you posted. But, believe me it is a totally benign condition called vitiligo. Kindly avoid stress and anxiety related with your problem.
I assure you that the vitiligo on your genital will not harm in any ways. It is not infectious.

The vitiligo on glans and prepuce is resistant to treatment. So, I would advise you to avoid the treatment. Keep it untreated.

And the mole you have may be melanocytic nevus. It is also a benign condition. But, it may be removed by electrocautery under local anaesthesia. For that, you consult the local dermatologist.

I hope this would satisfy you.

Ok..

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 21 minutes later
Thanks a lot doctor. what if i don't want to remove my mole can it be harmful in near future although no pain or no bleeding seems to be there. pls suggest.

Kindly suggest if any precaution can treat my patch or will not grow further.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Vitiligo

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back...

Vitiligo is a benign condition and does not harm. In your case, as it is on genital, it does not require any treatment.

If you feel that it spreads to other parts, kindly consult the dermatologist for the proper treatment. Avoid the use of condom,which might be responsible to exacerbate the condition.

At present your mole is benign. But, regular check up is needed to rule out malignant changes... Malignant melanoma. If it is so, the lesion should be excised immediately. So, please be careful.

Hope you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 44 hours later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Verruca on penile shaft

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back..

The new photos you posted shows two skin colored verrucous papular lesions. These are warts also called verruca. The cause is virus..human papilloma virus.

I do electrocautery under local anaesthesia in such case.

So, you have three skin diseases.. Vitiligo,mole and wart. All are unrelated with each other.

My humble request... Kindly do not be anxious. Have treatment for warts only.

I hope this would satisfy you.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 2 days later
Sir, i been to dermatologist 2 days ago . He has treated my warts through liquid nitrogen . Just a query .. Genital Wart means HIV its true, although i have these warts for about 3 years. But still want to be sure . Should i get chk for HIV. Pls suggest.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 36 hours later
Brief Answer:
Verruca does not mean HIV

Detailed Answer:

Welcome back..

It is good that your warts are removed by cryotherapy by your dermatologist.

Verruca does not mean that you have HIV. Your dermatologist should advise HIV test and it should be ruled out. Kindly get tested for HIV.

Thanks

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 15 days later
Thank you doctor

My warts are diappear now ,but recently I have noticed a small boil on my pennis shaft , I might got missed when I have been to doctor for my other 2 warts . I have enclosed pictures of the boil. Pls suggest wether it is wart or something else .
I also got checked myself for Hiv & VDRL both negative.

Waiting for your reply.
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Most probably milia

Detailed Answer:

I saw new photos you posted. The whitish lesion on glans penis seems to be a cyst called milia. It is not wart or impetigo.

Kindly consult the dermatologist and have firm diagnosis.

Extraction may be done rupturing the milia with fine needle to remove whitish keratinous material from the cyst.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 11 hours later
Once again thanks for the consultation.

Sir just want to understand what is the cause and what do you mean by firm diagnose. It is alarming ? Should I go for some medical test.

Brief Answer:
Milia

Detailed Answer:

Milia occurs without any cause.

To confirm the diagnosis, you need to consult the dermatologist personally. There is no test, only clinically the condition is diagnosed by the dermatologist.

It is a benign condition, not serious.

I hope you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Follow up: Dr. Ilyas Patel 7 days later

Hello Sir,

Sorry to bother you again. I went to my dermatologist personally,he has seen my milia and advice me to keep the way it is. No need to remove. what should i do in this case. i am worried that in near future can milia grow .

2) what is the reason behind i am suffering from so many genital skin diseases. vetiligo,warts, now milia. i am really tensed…..
Brief Answer:
Milia

Detailed Answer:

As I suggested milia is a benign condition. If it is not embarrassing,it may be kept untreated. Kindly follow your dermatologist's advice. Milia will not grow. On the contrary, sometime it may vanish by itself.So, do not worry.

Actually there is no particular reason for multiple diseases on the genital. Wart is is viral disease. Vitiligo is autoimmune disease. Milia is just a small cyst of unknown etiology. Take all easy. Nothing to worry...ok

Hope this would release your tension.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD
Dr. Ilyas Patel

Dermatologist