What causes a painful small nodule in throat?
It is possible that the 0.5 cm nodule is the cause of your neck pain, although it is not very likely to be so. The reason is that small nodules are unlikely to cause such symptoms. However if it is a worrisome type of nodule, then neck pain can occur.
So it is important you see an endocrinologist in person who will examine your neck and evaluate you in thorough detail to see if anything further needs to be done about the nodule. Fine needle aspiration biopsy is one option.
Generally small nodules like the one you have are not biopsied. But again this depends on a host of factors such as ultrasound characteristics of the nodule.
1 From what you are describing, it appears that the nodule does not have any concerning features on ultrasound. This is good to note.
2 There is no medicine to shrink the nodules. Thyroid medication like levo thyroxine has been tried in some cases but is not generally recommended anymore.
3 I see you have been assessed by an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) doctor. Your neck pain needs to be investigated further. A gastroenterologist should be of help
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Throat nodules what causes them
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing
- What causes sore and painful throat
- What causes frequent cold and throat pain
- Having severe throat pain what could be causing this
- What causes throat and ear pain
- What is the cause for throat pain and severe cough
- What cause of throat pain after the oral sex
- What causes shivering joint pain and sore throat
- What causes headache and throat pain