What causes a painful red patch under the circumcised penis head area?
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day
thanks for providing clinical photograph. The lesion is Likely to be due Balanitis ( inflammation of the glans penis). Some individual can present with recurrent Or - genital ulceration .
I would suggest you the following
1. Oral Multivitamin supplement
2. Local application of steroid ointment twice a day for 2 weeks will be helpful
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you
Dr Shobha Deepak
Herpes can't be conclusively ruled out
Herpes lesion cannot be conclusively rule out , as Herpes infection is known to remain dormant with periodic reactivation. I would suggest you to start local application of steroid ointment and Acyclovir Ointment ( anti herpes agent ). Empirical use is indicated. I would also suggest anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen which will provide the much needed relief.
If the lesion still persist then do consult Dermatologist for smear examination and further assessment
Do get back to me if you need any further assistance
Duration taken for spontaneous healing will be longer
As the lesion are painful it is important to have local treatment with ointment. It will heal on its own but the duration taken will be longer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause for red dots on penis head
- What causes irritation and red bumps on penis head
- What causes bumps under crown of penis head
- What causes redness on the penis
- What causes red on head of penis
- What causes dark patches under penis head
- What causes red spots on head of penis
- What causes discoloured patch causing itching under penis foreskin
- What causes dryness under the head of the penis
- What causes red patch on penis