• question-icon

What causes a painful lump on tibia, pain in leg, thigh and foot?

Posted on Mon, 28 Mar 2016 in Women's Health
Question: Hi I have a lump on my tibia its been there for 3 to 4 months. It was painless but the last week I have been having a dull ache in my leg, sharp jabbering pains in my thigh and foot. I've also experienced some tightness feeling in my leg and foot especially when I sit on the floor and have my legs bent I can really feel it. I've had a ultrasound done found nothing, I've had a xray done they recommend I have mri which I had done, they found a lipmoa its 36mm thick the doctor said they couldn't find it cause its spread out in my tibia not in a ball I do have some swelling there as well and my leg feels heavier to lift than the other my question is should I be having pain and discomfort with it. I think I have another smaller lump on my other leg should I get another opinion?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Lipoma can cause these symptoms.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
A lipoma on the leg if it a large one can cause mild pain and discomfort. May be you are favoring this leg which is causing a stiffness in the joints too. You need to start doing regular exercise and start with mild pain killers to improve the symptoms.
In case the pain and heaviness is persistent then getting the lipoma removed surgically is the best option.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN