What causes a painful lump behind the left ear in a RA patient?
Yes,it's time to go to ER or visit ENT specialist as soon as possible...
I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.
Going through a very bad cold is commonly associated with swollen neck lymph nodes and ear infection.
The presence of the swollen lymph node behind your left ear is suggestive for possible ear infection. As the pain is not getting better, I advise to consult with ENT specialist as soon as possible. If you cannot manage to visit ENT specialist, then, go to ER as you might need prescription antibiotics and ear drops.
For the moment, continue taking acetaminophen for the pain alternating with ibuprofen; keep well hydrated (water, juice, tea) until you see the doctor.
Wish fast recovery!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ear pain
- What causes left ear pain
- What causes lump behind ear and extreme dizziness
- Can ringworm cause lumps behind ear
- What would cause large hard lumps behind both ears on a child
- What is causing the pain behind ear
- Lump behind ear on skull caused by eye glasses
- Infected lump behind ear causing facial numbness
- What causes pus filled lump behind the ear
- Does stress cause a lump behind ear