• question-icon

What causes a painful lump at the skull base after cervical fusion surgery?

Posted on Mon, 24 Jul 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I have history of cervical stenosis and left C3 4 and C 6 7 fusions. Recently have had pain at base of skull on left and neck and low back pain. Also increased numbness top left foot with sensation less, yesterday I noticed a lump the size of grape on skull area at base with pain it is very tender to touch. I fell at end of May but didn't hit head. These SYMPTOMS just started last week. Do you think they are related?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
i dont think they are related.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel ,Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through your history and recent complaints. To me it appears that your cervical fusion surgery has no relation to your current problem . Probably you are having a boil / carbuncle at the base of your skull.
Thanks for the question. Please feel free to ask any further question,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon