What causes a painful bump behind the ankle?
Looks like a fluid collection.
Thank you for the query.
This looks like a fluid collection. It can be cased by too tight shoes or some injury. It does not seem to be infected. Looks like its filled with clear fluid.
It would be good to have it drained. You can use a sterile needle if you have any or consult a surgeon.
Its not urgent.
Hope this helps. Feel free to ask further questions.
Those bumps are due to compression.
Generally this explains both bumps. Just the painless one contains less fluid. The painful has it more. You can drain both or just leave them alone. After few days, week, it should be better.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes ankle pain with difficulty in walking
- What causes pain and swelling near the ankle
- What causes nausea and severe pain in ankle
- What causes itching with red bumps on ankles
- What causes pain in ankles and wrist
- What causes crusty ankles
- What causes pain from ankle to the bottom
- What causes calf pain and restricted movement in ankle
- What causes pain in ankles
- What causes pain and numbness in foot and ankle