What causes a painful bruise inside throat?

Posted on Thu, 18 Jun 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: it feels like I have a bruise inside my throat on the right side, when I touch with with some pressure,its stings.I don't have problem eating,swallowing or drinking,but,it appears to affect my jaw like a toothache.Can you explain what this might be?

Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be aphthous ulcer...

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for posting the query

I presume there could be an aphthous ulcer inside the throat causing this discomfort for you. Consult your doctor for a complete evaluation and treatment of the same.

Hope I have answered your query; I'll be available for the follow up queries.

Dr. Naveen Kumar N
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E
Dr. Naveen Kumar

ENT Specialist