What causes a painful black spot near the navel after an insect bite?

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Tue, 11 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I had a bug burrow into my belly button and it left a black circle on spot of removal, it hurts slightly
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
OTC medication suggested

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I need to ask if you have fever. If not, it is perhaps not a cause to worry. All you need to do is to apply some emollient like calamine lotion topically and to take some antiallergic like cetirizine once daily for next few days. Hopefully things would be fine soon.

If conditions still do not improve, I would insist you to visit a doctor and to get a thorough evaluation done.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D