question-icon

What causes a mild rash in the groin area?

Posted on Tue, 10 May 2016
Question: I have a mild rash in the groin area on both sides>
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga (33 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Considerations

Detailed Answer:
hello and thank you for sending the question.

Typically, rash in the groin on both sides can be related to a fungal infection. This can be controlled with a topical antifungal cream or powder.

I would recommend that you talk to your local pharmacist and obtain topical clotrimazole which again can be upcan be obtained without a prescription.

I would recommend that you apply the cream 2 to 3 times per day for 5 to 7 days. This should lead to gradual improvement of her symptoms. If not or if symptoms get worse then I would recommend that you talk to your primary care doctor for further consideration.

Thank you again for sending your question.

Sincerely,

Dr. Galamaga
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Naveen Kumar
Dr. Robert Galamaga

Oncologist