What causes a mild headache and tenderness after a head injury?
Welcome to Healthcare Magic,
I read carefully your query.
It is normal to have a mild headache after hitting the head and the area of injury to be tender to touch.Usually this headache is totally controlled with a Paracetamol or Ibuprofen.
If the headache is very strong ,is not controlled by Paracetamol , and it keeps getting worse ,you need to go to ER.They will do a CAT scan to see if there is any injury and bleeding in your brain.
If you experience any other symptoms like feeling very drowsy and sleepy ,having nausea or any other symptom ,go to ER right away.
If the headache is mild and you don't have any other symptom at all than you don't need to worry.
Hope it helps.
Let me know if you have any question or need any clarification.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes bruising around the eyes after head injury
- What causes dizziness with mild headache
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- Bad headache after head injury
- What is the remedy for headache after a head injury
- Headache and dizziness after head injury
- What is the cause for fever after a head injury
- Headache after head injury
- What causes mild headaches
- Headache after head injury is this normal