What causes a lump under the eyelid?
It could be chalazion.
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
The symptoms you have mentioned suggestive of a clinical condition called “chalazion”. Chalazion is a cyst in the eyelid due to a blocked oil gland.
Some chalazia can go away without treatment. You can try home remedies like warm compresses. Topical ointments like tobramycin can be tried.
If symptoms persist, you have to remove the swelling surgically. Chalazion surgery is a simple procedure that is generally performed as a day operation. No hospital admission is required.
It’s not always possible to avoid getting a chalazion. This is especially true if you’re prone to this type of eye problem. But there are a few things that you can do to prevent this condition:
Always wash your hands before touching your eyes.
Make sure that anything that comes in contact with your eyes, such as contact lenses and glasses, is clean.
Wishing you good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes small lump under eyelid
- What could be the cause of lump under skin
- What could cause a lump under the penis
- What causes cold sore and lump under chin
- What is the cause of lump under skin of earlobe
- What causes a lump under my eye lashes
- What could cause a small lump under the tongue
- What causes lump in the breast under areola area
- What is the cause of a lump under my tongue
- What could cause painful lumps under armpit
- Suggest treatment for rashes on the back
- What causes thinning of the nails due to vitamin deficiency?
- What does my PSA test report indicate?
- Suggest treatment for urinary incontinence in a person with COPD
- What are the signs and symptoms of gastroenteritis?
- Suggest treatment for persistent urinary tract infection
- What causes difficulty in urinating while suffering from prostrate...
- Suggest treatment for chest pain when diagnosed with gastritis
- Can intake of Avil cause any harm?
- How is an angioplasty procedure done?