• question-icon

What causes a lump on the shaft of the penis?

Posted on Tue, 18 Jul 2017 in Lump
Question: I recently developed a small lump on the shaft of my penis. It is hard at its core and somewhat sore as I have squeezed it thinking it was a pimple. But apparently not. I am 70 years old. I have sex with only my wife although at times we use a toy vagina. We are careful to clean it however. Is this anything I need to see my doctor about?
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please post photos and follow the advise as given below

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and understood your concerns.
Since you have squeezed it, infection might spread as the subcutaneous plane is very lax.
If there is no spread of infection or cellulitis, you can apply Liquid povidone iodine locally, take an anti-inflammatory like Ibuprofen and watch for the development.
You may please post clear and focused photos as it helps in on-the-spot diagnosis.
This will help me to tell you whether you need to see a Doctor.

I hope this answer helps you, please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.

With regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon