What causes a lump on the prepuce of the clitoris?

Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Large (slightly larger than a pea) lump on my prepuce of clitorous. It is slightly painful upon pressure. It is not blister like, it appeared after I shaved on Sunday and just today it had a slight white spot on top that I did find yellow fluid come out of. It doesn't seem filled with fluid (I pushed on it a little and just a little came out and then stopped). It has decreased in size but now it is pretty itchy all over down there. (I have been using a different bar soap)

I have been feeling a little unwell, sore throat(found sores on throat), head ache, sensitive eyes, slight uti symptoms happened a couple days ago that's on and off(also includes increased urination frequency which I cannot find as a symptom). Again, I only feel these symptoms when I am focusing on them.

At the end of December I also had symptoms, I had one large bump again on my labial majus. It happened after a pain while I was trimming and it was purple with typical uti symptoms(including increased frequency!) I called the local sex health clinic and she said that I had just pinched myself with the razor and that it was definitely not herpes, and it was a coincidence
attached is picture of throat.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Don't worry

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks for your query to healthcare magic.
I have read your question carefully and understand your concern.

Small bumps with white spot on the bottom on your clitoris may be a simple bump or pustule.
Pustules are small bumps with fluid or pus that are caused from hormonal imbalance as acne.
Hence you should try following these advice:
do not use razor because it irritates your pubic skin
do not use soaps because they dry skin
use Sitz baths adding betadine or iodine solution
use over the counter creams that contain salicilic acid
Meanwhile for urinary frequency you should do a urinalysis to exclude any urinary infection.
Use cranberry teas because it help for urinary frequency.

I have seen your throat picture ,it seems to be a pharyngitis or inflammation of pharynx ,hence if you have only sore throat without temperature try to use warm teas.

Hope I was helpful and please feel free for further discussion.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 9 hours later
I just want to make sure this isn't herpes with the combination of a painful sore in the groin region as well as in my throat, uti symptoms, flu like symptoms including headaches and general unwell feeling. I've been really stressed out about it and it will be a while until I can make it to a doctors to get tested.
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
It doesn't seem like herpes

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear and thanks again.

Usually genital herpes are multiple lesions and not a single one, as yours.
As you have mentioned above your genital lesion wasn't blisters, while herpes infection have blisters .

Hence in my opinion it doesn't seem like herpes infection.

Best regards

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 6 hours later
Thank you Doctor Violence Mbiarra. SO my Pharyngitis will go away on its own and there is no reason for me to visit the doctors office for medicine?
Answered by Dr. Vjollce Mbiarra 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
If you haven't high body temperature you don't need to see a doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear again!

If you haven't high body temperature and sore throat there is nothing to worry ,and you don't need to see a doctor .

Best regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj