What causes a lump on the head?
need some details to guide you better
My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes. i Would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. Since when are you feeling lump?
2. Is it painful to touch?
3. have you observed hot overlying skin?
4. is there any history of change in color of overlying skin?
5. do you have diabetes, hypertension or any other illness?
6. are you on any medication?
7. did similar complaint occur in past as well?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Most probably sebaceous cyst
Thank you for getting back with the answers. Most probable cause in this case could be sebaceous cyst. it is a benign disease of scalp. I would suggest you to visit hospital and get an appointment for a general surgeon. He will examine it and may advise ultrasound of the swelling. Further management will depend on test result & examination.
Feel free to get back for if you have any query. If not then don’t forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you a good health
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump on head causing headaches
- What causes lumps on the arms
- What causes lumps on the lip
- What is the cause of lump on the clitoris
- What causes lump on the top of my head
- What causes lump on thigh
- What causes lump in throat
- What causes lumps on head
- What causes lumps in vagina
- What causes lumps in breasts