What causes a lump on head after an injury?
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic
Trauma can result in the formation of fibrous tissue (scar tissue). It occurs as a result of inflammatory response due to the injury.
The amount of scar tissue can vary from one injury to the next.
Normally the area is not painful or only slightly so. It is usually firm or hard to the touch.
It can take weeks to months for the area to improve and in some cases, the scar tissue may not completely disappear.
At this stage there is no treatment. If it does resolve to your satisfaction then you would need to consider visiting your doctor.
In some cases of scar tissue the use of steroid injections or office procedures to remove the tissue may be helpful.
I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes headache and light headedness after an injury
- What causes an itchy rasied scar after an injury
- What causes bruising around the eyes after head injury
- What causes heaviness in my head after a head injury
- What causes vertigoheadaches and double vision after a head injury
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- Head injury causes squishy lump
- What is the cause for fever after a head injury
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- What causes pain in tailbone after an injury
- On insulin for diabetes. Missing periods. Pregnancy test negative. What...
- Having cramps and periods. Took advil. What should I do to get relief...
- I am 20 years old. Trying to increase height. Suggest some medicine
- Having sarcoidosis disease. What happens when they come into contact...
- After waking up there is a loud pop and the hearing improves. Looking...
- Put oxygen in nose during colonoscopy. Started sneezing and runny nose....
- Had intercourse. Getting burning sensation when urinating. What are the...
- what does Minor linear atelectasis and fibrosis posterobasal segment...
- Have blocked bile duct. Scan could not found gall bladder. What is the...
- Ultrasound showed benign cyst in kidney. Blood test showed low vitamin...