What causes a lump on gums?

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Wed, 8 Jul 2015 in Lump
Question: Hi my name is XXXXXXX I woke up for days ago with my right jaw swollen bad. I have a lump that goes from my bottom front of gum all the way to back of jawbone. Irritating but not too painful. I have been taking antibiotics since and my face is getting bigger, and was just wondering if I can pop the lump for some of the swelling to go down in my face?
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need images for more comments.

Detailed Answer:

I do not completely agree to your current treatment. From your description it seems to be a lymph node enlargement or parotid swelling or submandibular swelling. I will be able to say exactly only after the visual inspection over that lump or you can take clinical picture of that and upload it on the right side of query page as there is a feature to send images.

The definitive treatment will depend on the diagnosis whether to go with conservative management or else. It may be worthwhile to see some local doctor or surgeon who will examine the swelling with some relevant investigations and can start the treatment at earliest. Generally, this kinds of lump or swelling should subside within 5 to 7 days with conservative management.

Hope this will help you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad