What causes a lump near the base of the penile shaft?

Dr. Chobufo Ditah

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Men's Health
Question: I have a small lump of some sort under my skin not visible on the bottom of my penis shaft. It causes slight discomfort especially during intercourse.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been going on?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this pain that you have reported and this small lump. I will like to know for how long this has been going on? If this is visible on a camera, I will like to obtain and review an image. Also, you may want to take an image and indicate the exact site where you feel this lump so that I can evaluate and provide a more personalized and helpful response to you. If this cannot be don, then I will kindly suggest that you get it evaluated by a doctor in your locality during any other routine visits. This is no emergency and requires no specific intervention at this time.

Otherwise, am not particularly worried at this time given the intensity of this discomfort and only during sex associated to the small size.

I hope to hear from you. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
I first noticed the pain a week ago but I didn't notice the lump until 3 days ago I will try to provide picture of location it is not visible through the skin but it can be felt
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Waiting on the image!

Detailed Answer:

Waiting on the image and will get back to you as soon as it gets here.

I wish you well.
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 5 hours later
I uploaded the photo and pointed to location with finger I put it in update report
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for the image.

Detailed Answer:
I have reviewed this attached image. This area seems not to have any vital reproductive organs criss crossing and as such this is probably a small nodule under the skin. Monitor for any possible increased growth or worsening pains. If any ensues, I will request fro direct examination and possibly testing.

I hope this helps put your mind at ease. Let me know how you feel about this.