What causes a lump inside the tongue and swollen lymph glands in neck?
Does not seems serious, do not worry..
Welcome to HEALTHCARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns...
As per your complain a slightly tender lump inside your tongue when you are a healthy 69/years old male with recent medical and dental examination done can be due to causes like traumatic injury to tongue like tongue bite, infection over tongue while it can also be a foreign body granuloma etc..
Nothing to worry as it has developed overnight so does not seems serious..
As of now you should do warm saline gargles..
Apply numbing gel over the lump if it is painful..
You should avoid touching it again and again..
Avoid hard foods to prevent irritation over it..
Suck ice pops...
Continue doing the same for a week..
In case of no improvement consult an Oral Physician and get a Biopsy done for confirmation of cause and get treated accordingly...
Hope this information helps..
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Costochondritis and swollen lymph glands
- Swollen lymph glands methamphetamine
- Does low phosphorus cause swollen lymph glands
- Diabetes mellitus can cause swollen lymph glands
- Conjuctivitis and swollen lymph glands
- Swollen lymph glands postpartum
- Hiv swollen lymph glands
- Swollen lymph glands in neck and dry wax in ear
- What is the treatment for swollen lymph glands
- Causes of swollen lymph glands