What causes a lump in the right groin area that disappeared after a few minutes?
an inguinal hernia most probably
Hi and welcome.
This indicates inguinal or groin hernia which is a common issue in males of your age and it becomes visible during activities or after long standing. If it pulled back completely and there was is no nausea, vomit or abdominal pain then there is no need for urgent management.
However, it should be surgically managed later if this happens again since a hernia may grow and cause serious symptoms in some cases.
Wish you good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Lump in the groin rectal bleeding cause
- What causes lump in lower groin area
- What is the cause for purple lump in groin area
- Painless lump in the groin area causes
- Can lump on groin cause miscarriage
- Lump in neck and groin causes
- What can cause lump near groin region
- What causes lump near groin
- What could cause lump on either side of the groin
- Causes of groin lumps in older women
- What causes a lump on the breast?
- What causes constant phlegm in the throat?
- What causes orange oily bowel movements?
- Is Azithromycin better than Cipro?
- Suggest remedies for profuse sweating in the middle of the night
- Suggest treatment for sinus congestion and drainage to the throat
- Suggest treatment for postherpetic neuralgia symptoms
- Suggest ways to manage the side effects of Eliquis
- Can Bupropion be taken with Cymbalta, Flexeral and Gabapentin while...
- Can Eliquis be taken while on Warfarin?