What causes a lump below the nipple?

Dr. Deepak Sundriyal

Oncologist

Posted on Mon, 16 Apr 2018 in Cancer
Question: I'm a male.I have had a lump just below my right nipple for last 15 years I suppose.It was there like this for such a long time. No increase. I'm a male and 28 of years. It was never painful nor bothersome. No inverted nipple. Just went through online out of nowhere and came up with male breast cancer. And this scared me a lot.
Though it was not painful or may be unnoticed as its now under my notice so I'm touching and pressing it and if I press tightly I feel pain and it radiates in right arm for some minutes and then it subsides ( Though it was not never there 3-4 Days back ) may be I over pressed it. I went to radiologist and got USG breast and he said it is normal. I'm attaching reports kindly go through it and let me know what to be done next.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello. It looks normal

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. I have seen the reports and images. They are all normal. Simple enlargement of breast can be confused with cancer. This is known as gynaecomastia and apart from cosmetic point of view it is essentially harmless. There is nothing to worry.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 46 hours later
Thank you. That eased me up. So would I be needing any furthering investigation like any other tests after my USG chest came clear ?

And what can be the reason for the tingling & numbing pain which radiates to my right hand for few minutes then again it comes back to normal. ( It was never there few days back when I was not aware for this situation). Can it be because I'm touching or trying to press it more than normally ?
Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. No more test required

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear. You are perfectly normal and nothing more is required. Of course there can be muscle and skin soreness by frequent touching and this can cause pain sensation.
Thanks and regards