What causes a lump above the prominentia laryngea and painful swallowing?
This is where the thyroid gland sits!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
I am so sorry to hear about this lump you have reported. The short duration makes it unlikely to be a real disease at this time. We will need more longterm monitoring to understand what is going on. However, this is where the thyroid sit and we should watch out for signs of any possible thyroid disease such as rapid or slow heart rate , constipation/diarrhea, excessive sweating/feeling excessively hot, etc. If this persists, I will like to have a screening test for thyroid disorders which is mainly TSH.
I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. Above all, thanks for using our services.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes difficulty swallowing
- What could be the cause for throat pain while swallowing
- What is the cause of painful lump in abdomen
- What causes painful lump in mouthjaw
- Cause of painless lump in mouth causing difficulty swallowing
- What is the cause of painful lump on hip
- What causes pain when swallowing
- What causes pain while swallowing
- What causes painful lump in breast
- What causes painful lump in the labia