What causes a light purple bruise on the inner thigh?

Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Veins and Arteries
Question: I have a light purple bruise on inner thigh formed by an ablation. There is a pink dot the size of a pencil eraser and is the only spot that is sore. The ablation is 16 days old. Anything to worry about?
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later
Brief answer....I don't think there is anything to worry
Detailed answer.....
I have read your query and understand your concern.
It is good that your bruise is getting healed . As far as a dark pink spot is concerned,I think it could have been the place where ablation might have been maximum.
I don't think there is anything to worry regarding that,however it would be good if you could send me a photograph so that I am in a better position to comment.
I hope it helps.
Best of luck
Thanks

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 19 minutes later
the pink spot is approximately 5" from where the catheters went in. I have circled it and will watch for growth. thank you
I have seen the photograph. nothing to worry.
Thanks