What causes a large bleeding mass on left breast?

Dr. Ronald Schubert

Posted on Thu, 29 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: there is a large mass on my left breast. It burst open and is bleeding. Additionally there is a clear fluid coming from the wound. Within the last week the breast has discolored and painful.
Answered by Dr. Ronald Schubert 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Cellulitis of the breast

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for contacting HCM with your health care concerns

From your description it sounds like you have an infection or abscess of the breast. I think you need to be seen by your medical provider so you can get appropriate antibiotic therapy.

I am also concerned that this maybe a neoplasm or cancerous growth. For this you most definitely need an evaluation. I don't want to scare you but this is something that really needs to be seen and evaluated for this lesion. Waiting and just watching is not really a good option here.

I hope I answered your question. Please return to HCM if you have any additional questions