What causes a hard white bump with a black dot in genitals?

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Tue, 23 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have had this white bump with a black dot(almost looks like I could squeeze it out) in the center for about 1 month. It feels hard to the touch and does not hurt. Redness appears around the border after sex, probably from friction irritating it. It hasn't changed in size at all and is quite small, I'd estimate 1 mm in size. There is no burning, pain or discharge. Any ideas based on visual inspection. This pic is a day after sex and it is still irritated and red.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Comedone

Detailed Answer:
Hello;
Thanks for the query and photograph.

It's looking like comedone.
It's formed due to blockage of sebaceous glands and collection of debris under skin.

Apply ointment mupirocine twice daily for 15 days and see response.
Stronger creams cannot be applied in such sensitive area.
If you don't get much response, simply meet a dermatologist and get it removed.
It requires a small procedure where the lesion is removed using radio frequency ablator.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 45 minutes later
I know you can't give a definite answer without a physical exam... So would it be safe to say this isn't hpv or herpes? If this is comedone is it contagious and how long would it take to resolve without treatment? Thanks again for your expertise Dr. XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not herpes or hpv

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up.
Photograph is clear and diagnosis is evident with that.
Just relax its not herpes or hpv.
Comedone is just a blocked gland.
It's not related to sexual contact and doesn't spread sexually.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Ok, one more thing doc. I have had this pink lump near my anus for as long as I can remember. I always thought it was a hemorrhoid because I get blood on tissue paper sometimes after bowel movement. It is very soft and squishy (feels like there could be fluid inside) almost jelly like consistency and it moves a little when I touch it... No pain...I uploaded two pictures... Any ideas based on visual inspection?

Let me know if you need better picture.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 31 hours later
Brief Answer:
Skin tag

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up and photograph.
It is skin tag a common overgrown skin.
It can be easily removed using radiofrequency ablator.
Please meet a dermatologist and get it removed.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 hours later
Went to dermatologist.. She said lesion on penis is comedone/sebaceous cyst.. And mole in perianal region... Thank you again for your help
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Welcome

Detailed Answer:
You are most welcome.