What causes a hard movable lump under the left collarbone?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Lump
Question: Hard movable lump that is under left collarbone. Not sore until I move it around. Pcp couldn't feel it. Still referred me for an ultra sound. Nothing detected. It's been a year and still there. Same size however it moved and can be felt more now
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Fine needle aspiration or biopsy by General Surgeon

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concern.

Once a lump is detected it has to be under microscope to understand the details. This is especially important for hard and immovable lumps. If you are able to feel it but not the PCP, how would the doctor be able to aspirate it to go under microscope.
At least the Ultrasound guided aspiration can be done.
The final step would be to get an excisional biopsy by exploring the area which is not advisable to do now.
First step is to go back to a general surgeon who are better at their fingers to find lumps. so this time take appointment with Gen surgeon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Priyanka G Raj