What causes a fluttery feeling in the abdomen?

Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari

General Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 13 Mar 2015 in General Health
Question: I have a fluttering feeling in abdomen which goes to mid chest area - just small fluttering feeling - no pains, etc.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Likely to be due to Gastritis

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to Healthcaremagic
Greetings of the day
Dear Ms

Occasionally many individuals do experience fluttering sensation in abdomen and it's usually related to mild Gastritis. I hope the sensation is not due to Palpitations.

In the absence of any other symptoms it's unlikely to be due to significant cause. I would suggest you the following

1. Ensure adequate intake of water : 2 to 3 liter a day

2. High fiber diet : 2 servings of vegetable salad and 2 servings of fruits especially citrus fruit will ensure adequate intake of fiber in diet

3 Avoid carbonated / alcohol / caffeinated beverage

Do get back to me if you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you and your family a very happy and healthy life.

Best regards
Dr Deepak Kaltari
Consultant Surgeon