What causes a firm mass in right armpit?
need some details to guide you better
Thank You for contacting HCM. My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.
I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. I would be in a better position to guide you anything if you answer following questions please:
1. Is it painful to touch?
2. Is overlying skin color normal?
3. please share a clear close image of that line area.
4. are you on any medication?
5. is same line present on other armpit as well?
I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
in answer to you questions:
1. It is only painful when i keep touching it and trying to feel it, over and over again. When i keep touching it time and time again the skin in my armpit feels raw
2. The overlying skin colour is normal
3. i don't have a camera but you can't see anything visible. as i said there is no visible line.
4. i'm not on any medication
5. the line is only in the left armpit
Further workup required
Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. Your complaint needs a physical examination of the area followed by ultrasound of that area. Further management will depend upon the results. Fort this i would suggest you to visit hospital & get an appointment for a general surgeon. Meanwhile apply fusidic acid ointment over that area. It will resolve the soreness.
Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
Do you think it is likely to be serious though, I mean could it be an infected tendon.
If it is like a line/cord shaped doe that mean that it is not a lymph node.
Do you think it could be cancer
Highly unlikely to be cancer
You are most welcome.
Its very very unlikely to be cancer. It could be simple infection. If confirmed after examination & workup then simple antibiotic therapy would resolve it.
If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Mass in lower right abdomen causes
- What causes ethmoid mass
- What causes swelling or a mass in the chest
- What causes armpit swelling
- What causes pain in armpit
- What causes tenderness in armpit
- What is the cause for firm muscles in neck
- What is the cause of pepperish armpit
- What s causing my sore armpits
- What causes abscess in armpit