question-icon

What causes a feeling of warmness in the body without fever?

Posted on Tue, 26 Jul 2016
Question: I'm 27 years old the last few days I feel hot but no fever. What is wrong with me?
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur (36 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
more likely to be non specific symptom, relax

Detailed Answer:
Hi Dimple
Welcome
Feeling warm or hot, in many individuals may be due to non specific reason, if there is no associated fever, or redness of the affected part, it is unlikely to be anything alarming.

I hope there is no cold, URTI, UTI symptoms.
In the absence of above symptoms I don't think you need to worry much. If it persists or it bothers you, you can go for thyroid function tests ( TSH, T3, T4) as hyperthyroidism can also present with this.

Hope this helps
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar
Dr. Ashwini Kolur