question-icon

What causes a feeling of something stuck in throat when having hormone problems?

Posted on Fri, 29 May 2015
Question: I have a feeling in my throat like I have swallowed a pill and it didn't go down like something is stuck in my throat. Been doing this for about three days. I have been having hormone problems could this be related. If not any ideas?
Answered by Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein (57 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
several possible causes

Detailed Answer:
It may be related to thyroid hormonal imbalance but other hormones shouldn't have some effect. So you should do thyroid ultrasound for start.
Also, it may be caused by esophageal spasms due to esophagitis,gastritis,gerd. In this case symptom would be aggravated by smoking,alcohol,coffee and stress and if it persists you should do gastroscopy. Wish you good health.Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Iven Romic Rommstein

General Surgeon