What causes a feeling of pressure below the rib cage, nausea and sweating?

Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 30 Aug 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have a feeling of pressure below my rib cage in the center. a bit nauseous, occasional sweats, and just don't feel good. Just over a cold
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
As advised

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
To recapitulate: Female/77 - feeling of pressure below rib cage - in center - bit nauseous - occasional sweats, not feeling good - just over a cold - taking medicines for asthma, blood pressure and cholesterol - baby aspirin at 6 pm ...
The cause looks most probably increased acidity, sort of gastritis and hence the other symptoms and may be associated flu/cold.
I would advise you the following in such a situation:
Take a PPI like Omeprazole.
Antacid every three hours, particularly when you are on empty stomach.
Cold milk and water.
Soft bland diet.
Rest and relax.
See the results and let me know please.