• question-icon

What causes a feeling of incomplete evacuation?

Posted on Tue, 24 May 2016 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi. I have experiencing this for a week now. It's uncomfortable and I'm not sure what to do. It feels like there is pressure. Like I have to go to the bathroom. Eventually, I do and it's fine. It's not diarrhea. But the feeling like I have to go is still there. I haven't tried any real significant diet changes yet. Yesterday, I ate more fiber and I went more, but the weird pressure was still there.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Take probiotic, rifaximin

Detailed Answer:
Hello! Thanks for putting your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.

I can understand your concerns

Feeling of incomplete evacuation is a complaint to be treated symptomatically

I will advise you to take a course of probiotic, lots of fruits and vegetables, especially papaya. take a GUT antibiotic named as Rifaximin 400mg twice a day. It acts only in GUT and not absorbed systemically for 14 days. These combination of medicine I found very useful in my patients

Discuss with your doctor and get prescription

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you . Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina
Follow up: Dr. Amit Jain 18 hours later
The pressure is gone and now it's just uncomfortable. The more I'm reading, the more I think it's hemorrhoids which I've never had but that could be it as well. There is no blood but it feels like something is there.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
does not appear to be hemorrhoids.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back

It does not appear to be hemorrhoids and it is just the feeling of incomplete evacuation. However to confirm it just undergo proctoscopy examination

Good bye and take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist