What causes a feeling of heaviness in the leg and dizziness?

Dr. Ivo Ditah

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Cancer
Question: my mother complains of a heavy leg sensation and dizziness and just was tested for stroke and heart issues and no problems found, she is on high bp meds and cholesterol meds, what could be happening?
Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
For how long has this been going on?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about this sensation that your mom has complained about. I will like to know for how long this has been going on and whether this happens intermittently or all the times. Also, is there any time related sequence with the start of cholesterol drugs? This is because cholesterol drugs are fun of causing muscle related problems. What are here recent blood pressure numbers?

I understand your worries as relates to possible stroke. However, this seems unlikely given the isolated symptoms and further supported by the absence of suggestive findings on the exams done. However, I will suggest that you provide the above requested information to see if it raises any further concerns and suggests other possible causes to her symptoms.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be.