What causes a feeling of fullness in upper throat?
Thanks for your query.
In my opinion, you might be having infection of your tonsil along with inflammation of the tongue and buccal mucosa. The big red bumps on back of the tongue are inflammed tonsil with white spots (follicles) over the tonsil suggest that the tonsils are infected. Whitish coating over the tongue with reddish spots on the cheek suggests glosso stomatitis ,common in cases of throat infection.
If I were your treating doctor, I would have prescribed penicillin antibiotics + anti inflammatory medicines (paracetamol + diclofenac combination drugs) for 5 to 7 days. Multivitamin for 1 month with tantrum oral rinse for 15 days. I would reassess the situation after a week and take further actions accordingly.
Empirically you can take anti inflammatory medicines that are available over the counter. Plan a trip to an ENT surgeon. He/she will know about the aforementioned prescription medicines.
If this symptoms of throat infection keeps repeating for more than 3 episodes in 6 months, then surgical removal of tonsils are advised.
Hope my answers have helped you
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes feeling of throat obstruction
- What causes blocking feel in throat
- What causes fuzzy feeling in mouth and throat
- What causes swelling on the left upper throat
- What causes sick feeling in throat
- What can cause an irritating feeling in the throat
- What causes the feeling of something crawling up the throat
- Feeling cut in throat cause
- What causes a feeling like something stuck in throat
- Fluttering feelings in throat causes