What causes a feeling of embarrassment and guilty while treating depression?

Dr. Ashok Kumar

Psychiatrist

Posted on Tue, 20 Sep 2016 in Mental Health
Question: Hi I was diagnosed with Adult ADD in 2012. I first was prescribed a super low dosage of adderall and was in it for 3 months. My husband couldn't believe the difference in me, I was feeling like myself again because along with the ADD came really bad depression. It's been 4 years and I have been on other medicines here and there, because I am really embarrassed of the disease. I hate feeling like this and I normally don't do online things but I am desperate, my husband notices how depressed I am and how I am continuously starting things but never finishing them. My kids also notice it and I am extremely embarrassed. I don't know what else to do because I am really embarrassed to go and see a doctor. Please help!
Answered by Dr. Ashok Kumar 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please see your doctor

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for using Health care magic.

I tead your query and understand your concerns.

Feeling embarassed and guilt is part of depression and with treatment you will feel better. Considering the depression and ADD i feel wellbutrin can be a better choice for treatment.

If the depression was absolutely secondory to ADD adderal can be used again after taking prescription from your doctor.

I hope this helps you.
If you have more questions feel free to write back to me.
Thanks and regards.