What causes a discomfort on the left side of head starting from eyebrow?
I experienced no headaches, but somewhat concerned. Could this simply be nerve damage?
Thanks for your time.
Nerve dysfunction related symptoms.
Hello and thanks for using HCM.
I have read your question and understand your concerns.
The answer to your question is yes, Your symptoms are most likely to be caused by peripheral nerve damage/dysfunction, since the feeling is on the skin, there are no associated headaches and symptoms triggered by movement.
Causes of peripheral nerve(s) damage on scalp include local trauma, compression of nerve(s) by hat, sleeping position, or could be related to peripheral neuropathy , a condition characterized by small peripheral nerve(s) damage from diseases or factors such diabetes, prolonged alcohol use, vitamin B12 deficiency, viral infection and a few other conditions .
Since you noticed this only today, I think you shouldn't worry much more than necessary, local use of NSAID drugs containing creams such piroxicam cream for example should help improve your symptoms.
If the symptoms will persist after few days and no improvement by NSAID cream use, you should be evaluated by your primary care Doctor.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
I remain at your disposal for further questions and clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes dull headache above eyebrows
- What causes white mark in between eyebrows on head
- What causes nerve pain in eyebrow
- Does eyebrow threading cause head aches
- What is the cause and treatment for grey eyebrow hair
- What causes knot on forehead above the left eyebrow
- What causes swelling between eyebrow and eye
- What causes bump above the eyebrows after hitting head accidently
- What causes pain in the eyebrow bone
- What could cause shedding of eyebrows