What causes a discomfort around the left shoulder, back and under left breast?
Strained muscle is the most probable reason.
Thanks for your query.
Left side chest pain is what we are always afraid of as heart issues can give such symptom.
However if the pain has appeared suddenly with shortness of breath and some radiation to the arm, pneumothorax is possible. This condition can appear with no reason. Sometimes sudden cough or sudden lift of heavy object can cause it. It is more possible if you smoke or have chronic lungs disease like asthma or bronchitis.
If nothing like that is present, strained muscle is the most probable reason. Strained muscle usually appears only when the chest is moving, and should be completely gone when lying down and not breathing.
If the pain is sharp and well localized, more intense when breathing, rib nerve issue is the most probable reason.
In both cases, rest and anti-inflammatory medicines like Diclophenac should help.
If the pneumothorax sounds possible, you should have chest x-ray done as soon as possible
I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes rashes on breasts and back of legs
- What causes pain in back and under left arm
- Left back pain causes
- What causes back pain below the breast with cough
- Pain under left breast radiating to back
- What could cause pain in my lower left back
- What causes left sided and lower back pain
- What causes sore spot towards left of mid back spine
- What causes left flank pain going through to back
- What causes pain in the left side of back