What causes a dark horizontal bruise on the left side of abdomen?
Thank you for asking
i read your question and i understand your concern. The bruise looks like a wound and in order to guide you well can you tell me how you got this bruise. I mean was there a trauma, a contact injury or it was on its own. Also share the exact location as love handle is a bit vague to locate. also tell do you have any prior history of blood disorder or any disease. was there any camping recently to rule out insect bite etc. as the wound needs correlation with a detailed history. provide the history in detail and i will try my best to guide you further.
Supportive care, no worries
Thank you for getting back to me
Acute bruise history, no pain , no trauma, no bleeding disorder, no contact sport injury make this bruise a tricky one. Let me tell you why.
1) Usually a bruise is a local collection of blood secondary to rupture of some small blood vessel like your case, but usually happens when there is trauma , vigorous exercises, weight lifting, stressed work out etc. Now your mentioning of picking up something while bending from the ground might have triggered this bruise. It can explain the bruise.
2) Bleeding disorders are not there, they elicit such bruises but nosebleeds frequent recurrent episodes are there so its not that too.
3) With no medication history , like blood thinners these medications are ruled out as cause of the bruise too.
Nutshell, its the bending you had with cramps, or some non recalled accidental injury like from bed post, or any other bump which a person cant recall might have triggered the bruise.
Just supportively treat the bruise. take some acetaminophen , avoid ibuprofen and aspirin as that will delay the healing, use warm compresses soaked in warm water to clean and warm the bruise for 10 minutes twice or thrice a day.Ultimately the bruise will fade in color.
Use precautionary measures and rest for a while and wait and see. I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the cause of recurring bruising in left forearm
- What causes recurring bruise on left knee cap
- Causes of bruise on left side abdominal
- What causes appearence of purple bruise on left arm
- What is the cause of persistent bruising in left ankle
- What causes unexplained bruises
- What is the cause for the bruises on my abdomen
- Dark coloured bruise causes
- What causes a bruise to harden
- Fresh, dark bruise causes
- Inflamed gums, bleeding. Was on prednisone. Had herpes. Is this a sign...
- Upper eyelid skin graft done to lengthen eyelid was not successful. Can...
- Diagnosed with stiff person syndrome and having muscle spasms. Taking ...
- Have hep c, HIV with anemia, fluid retention in legs, rash on palms and...
- Having trouble sleeping due to worry. Done with nuclear stress test and...
- Have Polymyalgia rheumatica. Having pain and feeling uncomfortable. What...
- Suffering from severe anxiety and pain in abdomen. Could It be...
- What is the best cream for haemorrhoids?
- Feels like room is spinning and have dizziness. Could I ask a doctor?
- Experiencing pain in ear and getting headache around left ear. What...