What causes a dark blue coloring resemble bruising in the joints just below the base of fingernails?
This phenomenon is called vasoconstriction where in the arterioles n capillaries ( very small diameter blood vessels) that supply fingers are losing their diameter by constricting thus reducing blood supply to fingers. Now we need to understand the reason for such thing what factors like temperature, inherent genetics etc. smoking can cause this. Raynaud'son is known without any other symptoms.
You need to see a general surgeon or rheumatology specialist for evaluation.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes fingernails to be grey
- What causes club fingernails
- What causes fingernails to grow faster
- What the cause of orange fingernails
- What are the causes of ridges and splitting in fingernails
- What causes darkness below my fingernails
- What causes soreness uner the fingernail
- What causes a fingernail to throb
- What is the cause and treatment for fingernail abnormalities
- What causes divots in fingernails