• question-icon

What causes a cyst in hip and lower back pain post an injury?

Posted on Wed, 25 May 2016 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: I was T-boned with no brakes applied because he was turned around looking at a passenger in the back seat. He reported he was going 40 mph. I heard the crash then lost consciousness. My pelvis was fractured from top to bottom on the left side, left knee bones were bruised, traumatic brain injury in the frontal lobe, torn rotator cuffs (top and front) and torn bicep in right shoulder. x-rays indicate the pelvis has healed. Fluid is now collecting in hips a 2.1 cm cist has developed. I continue to have pain in lower back, right buttock and continues into thigh. The pain is bad when I'm laying down and to alter my position can be extremely painful. I have had facet injection and injections in both hips, which has not offered any relief. A lower extremity bilateral EMG has been ordered with a notation of LBP and frequent falls. What are possible reasons to explain the problem?
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
You may be having problems due to nerve compression

Detailed Answer:
I have studied your case and I think your hip pain is due to pelvic fracture which is though united, still may not be heal completely. As you have mentioned that you are having cyst in hip joint so there is arthritis is developing in hip joint. I would like to know little detail of your illness before I advised any further.
1.Are you able to walk now?
2.Do you have any problem in moving toes or lifting your leg up?
3.Please send me your x rays of hip and brain CT scan.
Please send me answers of these questions.I will try my best to help you.
thanks
Dr. Naveen Kumar Sharma

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement