What causes a corn over feet?
Measures for rapid healing of corn
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same.
Since you have developed corn over feet ,you need to take care to wear proper canvas shoes so as to avoid irregular pressure over any specific feet areas .
For rapid healing ,you can soak your feet in lukewarm water for ten minutes twice daily and then gently rub the affected area with a pumice stone to remove the excess dead skin followed by application of the anti corn medicine.This will help in rapid healing .
Also other measure like cryosurgery could be of help to you,so you can see a nearby dermatologist and discuss this option if possible.
Dr Geetika Paul
Need to follow utmost care
Removing the top thick and dead layers of skin from a corn surely helps in rapid healing but it has to be done very carefully and under medical supervision.
Utmost care has to be taken to avoid bleeding and stay as superficial as possible ,in case of visualisation of bleeding points ,further cutting should be stopped .
Make sure you clean the affected area well with an antiseptic before doing this and use a sterile scalpel as well.
Since cutting involves some risks of bleeding and infection, I would rather suggest your local doctor to do it.
Dr Geetika Paul
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Unable to bend toe, nail bed is painful. Active runner. Had toe nail...
- Have a black spot on the roof of mouth. Blood came after poking. Roof of...
- Have penile inflammation with rep bumps, also had hives and sore bumps...
- Hypopigmented spot on cheek. Used to exfoliate daily. Could this be a...
- Have itchy keloids on chest. Any cure?
- Took treatment for keloids on face. How long should it be continued?
- Have itching on face, ears and nose. Having small indentations and white...
- Have recurrent lump on back of scalp and around genitals. On...
- Got sunburn on shoulders and legs. Can this lead to kidney problem?
- Child has rash on chest, back, neck, no sign of hives or itching,...