What causes a cluster of small bumps under the tongue?
Seems to be Traumatic sores..
Welcome to HEALTH CARE MAGIC..
I have gone through your query and can understand your concerns..
As per your complaint it seems that the most probable cause for small bumps under the tongue along with a habit of dipping can be due to continuous friction in the area..
Along with friction there is also irritation of the mucosa with the chemicals present on the dip..
All this can lead to formation of small bumps over the mucosa that are secondary to irritation..
It is not a normal finding and everyone does not have it..
As you are aware enough that stopping to dip is the best way to resolve the bumps, therefore I would simply ask to to stop dipping first of all..
Take Vitamin B complex supplement daily..
You should do warm saline gargles at least 3 to 4 times a day..
Take a soft diet.
You should keep a watch over the bumps and if there is no improvement in a week you should consult an Oral Physician and get evaluated and a clinical examination has to be carried out for diagnosis of the cause of bumps..
Any further questions are welcome..
Hope this information helps..
Thanks and regards.
Dr.Honey Nandwani Arora.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bumps behind tongue causes
- Itching under tongue small bumps white lines causes
- What causes bumps in the back of tongue
- What causes painful bumps under the tongue after a fever
- What causes bump on tongue
- Bumps on tongue caused by scratches
- Solpadeine causing bumps on tongue
- What are the possible causes of bumps under my tongue
- Cause of bumps on tongue
- What causes little bumps on tongue