question-icon

What causes a clenched fist position while having fever in an infant?

Posted on Wed, 27 Jul 2016
Question: Hi my 3 years daughter has had a temperature fornthe last 6 days with a cough sleeps all day and is now starting to clench her fist together and i cant open the
Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das (17 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Seizures need to be ruled out.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query and understand your concerns. The tightly clenched fist could be due to convulsion. If that is the case, it is indeed concerning. You should take her to the ER without delay and get her evaluated. Convulsions require urgent medical attention.

Dr. Diptanshu Das

Pediatrician